I'm pretty clueless with Applescript so please bear with me. I want to copy
text from a Safari table, paste it into a new BBEdit window and do some
text manipulation, mostly finding and replacing.
I managed this with the old Tex-Edit Plus (not TextEdit) which is
unfortunately 32-bit. With T-E+ I would paste the text from the clipboard
with the commands make "new window", "paste", "select window 1" and then
use a "replace window 1 looking for..." command.
When I try recording something in BBE I get the line
replace "[original text]" using "[replacement text]" searching in text 1 of
text document "*untitled text ##*" ...
— i.e. a named doc as opposed to simply the front doc. Not a surprise, but
what do I replace "untitled text ##" with?

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than