Re git checkout -f... that's what I thought but when I kept getting the patch was previously applied... I figured I'd just clean it out. Costs me 30 minutes of compile/link time, but it's nice'd out of the way.

The new patch (that was attached by you, and that Michael re-referenced) applied, and it is now building. Should have results in 35m.

Thanks

Ehud

Larry Finger wrote:
Ehud Gavron wrote:
Patch with debug on or off both fail.

I'm unable to apply Michael's patch to either a virgin test or virgin wireless-dev tree (I rm -rf'd both and re git clone'd them)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]# patch -p1 < ~gavron/bcm43xx-mac80211-fix-regression-in-interrupt-handling.patch
patching file drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx-mac80211/bcm43xx_main.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3018.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx-mac80211/bcm43xx_main.c.rej
[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]# cd ../wireless-dev
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wireless-dev]# patch -p1 < ~gavron/bcm43xx-mac80211-fix-regression-in-interrupt-handling.patch
patching file drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx-mac80211/bcm43xx_main.c

No, you got the wrong patch. That one was previously applied, which is what the error message is saying. In any case, apply the one I just sent. BTW, it isn't necessart to repull the tree to get a clean version. That is what 'git checkout -f' does.

Larry