Ehud Gavron wrote:
> good: rc1 "git test" tree with the commit in question reversed. Works fine.
> bad: rc2 "git wireless-dev" tree with Michael's latest patch.  Does not
> work.
>
> full dmesg, iwconfig, and ifconfigs included.
>
> Like I said, I am happy to do this all day long so that I don't have to
> personally revert that long patch.

With xconfig, select the "Kernel hacking" section, and turn off the "Show
timing info on printks".
In addition, turn off "Kobject debugging" in that section. The latter option
generates a lot of
messages and overflows the dmesg buffer. Do a 'make -j3' and 'sudo make
modules_install install'.
You do not need to clean out the object files, or any other make options. Boot
that kernel and send
me it's dmesg.

One further question - Are you trying to connect to the same AP in both cases?
The reason I'm asking
is that the MAC address of the AP is different for the two cases.

Larry