Richard Jonsson wrote:
> I can't figure out how to keep up to date with the wireless dev tree.
> I've set up as told by John W. Linville in a post here and use the
> "everything" branch.
>
> When browsing the tree at kernel.org I see changes from 24'th of august,
> but my local copy is from 15'th (when I first fetched) even after "git
> fetch". What command am I supposed to use?

'git pull' will get any updates.

> What is the best practice to apply patches not yet in Linvilles tree?
>
> My purpose is to test patches from the list and will probably not do
> patches myself.

The "best" practice is probably in the eye of the user. What I do is to get the
patch text into my
wireless-dev tree by downloading or by saving the email containing the patch.
If you do the latter,
be careful about the white space. Too many mailers change tabs into spaces that
kills the
application of the patch.

To apply patches, I use quilt. With it, you can "quilt import" the file and
apply the patch with
"quilt push". To remove the patch, use the "quilt pop" command. In case you do
want to write your
own patches, start with the "quilt new" command, then modify the source using
the "quilt edit"
command, followed by "quilt refresh". You can find a description of quilt from
'man quilt' or on-line.

Larry