Larry Finger skrev:
> Richard Jonsson wrote:
>> I can't figure out how to keep up to date with the wireless dev tree.
>> I've set up as told by John W. Linville in a post here and use the
>> "everything" branch.
>>
>> When browsing the tree at kernel.org I see changes from 24'th of
>> august, but my local copy is from 15'th (when I first fetched) even
>> after "git fetch". What command am I supposed to use?
>
> 'git pull' will get any updates.
>
>> What is the best practice to apply patches not yet in Linvilles tree?
>>
>> My purpose is to test patches from the list and will probably not do
>> patches myself.
>
> The "best" practice is probably in the eye of the user. What I do is to
> get the patch text into my wireless-dev tree by downloading or by saving
> the email containing the patch. If you do the latter, be careful about
> the white space. Too many mailers change tabs into spaces that kills the
> application of the patch.
>
> To apply patches, I use quilt. With it, you can "quilt import" the file
> and apply the patch with "quilt push". To remove the patch, use the
> "quilt pop" command. In case you do want to write your own patches,
> start with the "quilt new" command, then modify the source using the
> "quilt edit" command, followed by "quilt refresh". You can find a
> description of quilt from 'man quilt' or on-line.
>
> Larry

Sorry Larry, I realised I sent you a private copy of this message.
---
Thank you both, but with "git pull" I get this instead:

$ git pull
Warning: No merge candidate found because value of config option
          "branch.everything.merge" does not match any remote branch
fetched.

A google search turned up one relevant result, but it didn't help.