On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:38:43PM +0100, Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Sunday 06 January 2008 22:35:51 Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > Quoting Michael Buesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > see "fwpostfix" module parameter
> >
> > Can we please avoid this annoyance this time?
>
> Go and complain at Broadcom please.

Broadcom doesn't really have this problem, since they are free to
include the binary firmware in their Windows/Mac/whatever drivers.

If the driver needs different firmware, why not have it ask for
different filenames?  As I suggested elsewhere, this could be as
simple as setting a default value for fwpostfix...

John
--
John W. Linville
[EMAIL PROTECTED]