On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 20:11 +0200, Sandro Hannemann wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> yesterday I wasted quite some time trying to get the wireless to work
> without success.
> The situation is:
>
> linux-2.6.24-gentoo-r7  (gentoo flavoured linux kernel).
> lspci gives:
>  0b:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
> mini-PCI (rev 01)
> I used b43-fwcutter-011 to install firmware version
> broadcom-wl-4.80.53.0 into /lib/firmware.
>
> "iwlist wlan0 scan" yields only "wlan0     No scan results".

As far as I can tell, you installed the firmware correctly.  But it's
possible that the driver you are using doesn't have some fixes needed
for your hardware.  I suggest that you try the driver from
compat-wireless, which is the latest driver backported to the recent
kernels: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download

If it doesn't help, check the antenna connectors on the card if they are
accessible.  Also try ndiswrapper to rule out problems unrelated to the
b43 driver.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin