Larry Finger wrote:

> The patch works fine on the 802.11g portion of my BCM4312/1, which seems
> to be the same as a BCM4311/1. This card has a PCIe format. I also
> tested on my PCMCIA version of a BCM4318. That card works, but the
> maximum transmit rate is only about 1/2 of what I get without it. The
> card has a rev 09 802.11 core, a rev 7 PHY, and a rev 3 analog part. I
> still have to test on a PCI format BCM4306/3 card, but I suspect that
> you have already tested the 4306.

Forget what I said about the loss of transmit rate. Once I did a
proper test, it is the same with or without the patch. For the
BCM4318, the b43 rate is slightly reduced from using bcm43xx. The
difference is not really great, but a reproducible reduction from 16.6
to 14.2 Mbs with the iwconfig rate set at 54 Mbs. By comparison, the
BCM4312 is over 20 Mbs.

Larry