Francesco Gringoli wrote:
> Larry, I think this could be one of the causes of the malfunctioning you
> reported before. If you have some time (and indeed if you feel like
> doing it :-) ) please test this firmware, it will be great.

Francesco,

The system ran about 30 minutes, then crashed. I missed the first
oops, but caught a kernel panic with formal traceback on my i386 system:

b43_dma_handle_txstatus + 0x1ee/0x2fa
b43_handle_txstatus + 0x45/0x52

The call in b43_dma_handle_status is at line 1405:

unmap_descbuffer(ring, meta->dmaaddr, meta->skb->len,
                 1);

The oops was in drivers/net/wireless/b43/xmit.h:171 in the call to
b43_is_old_txhdr_format(). It appears that dev->fw.rev causes the oops.

As usual, I was running an infinite loop of tcpperf in one console and
a flood ping in a second.

Larry