On 01/02/2010 08:11 PM, Daniel Kuehn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am the (un)lucky owner of a Macbook of late 2009 model, which has a
> Broadcom combo card (BT + WLAN sharing 3 antennas) but neither the b43
> or broadcom-sta support it, I just get invalid parameters or the
> interface disappears.
>
> Is there anyway I could help you guys with getting this wlan card to
> work? I could test experimental drivers or try to bash it to work or
> such, it would just be awesome if I could get it to work.
>
> The chip PCI ID is 14e4:4353 if that helps you any, its a wireless N
> card as I have understod it, but there exist no info that either confirm
> or discard the PCI ID as a WLAN card. I havent been able to get any info
> of which card this is supposed to be from broadcoms sortiment, I cannot
> find any of the cards listen on broadcoms homepage to match with this card.

The Broadcom 5.10.56.46 that is the basis for my current reverse engineering
effort supports that card. To the best of my knowledge, it is an 802.11n
dual-band card. The coding effort to support N PHYs has just started. Of course,
it could be an SSLPN PHY and the RE for them is not yet started. In any case,
who knows when any code will be ready. Watch this mailing list for patches.

Larry