Assalamulaykum K.M.G.H, I am not expertise in Linux. I use FC8 too in my laptop
(
  M 1.4GHz, 512M, 32 MB AGP). I thing fc8 /7 needs more ram for GUI. Though ur
agp is shared from main ram i thing if u use desktop than u can add Ext AGP
(32,...) or upgrade ur ram 512. Otherwise u can try by fc1,2,3. You say that u
can install in text mode ok first do it. After that when fc8 is booting in
first time by text mode u can switch GUI mode easily(by init 5 command). This
is my novice posts. Wait, someone solve ur problems from our bdlug. I wish ur
success.

  Mithu

Kazi Mohammad Guljar Hossain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Today i go for install FC-7 in my PC. but no graphical mode at
bootmenu. I can't install it in graphical mode, but,in text mode it
installed fine.when i press 'enter' error : vesamenu.c32: attempted
DOS system call.
the same error..when i press 'enter' again.the same things happen in
fc-8.i guess FC-7/8 is not compatible with my video card.Is there any
solution..??

machine configuration :

P-3 700 MHz
256MB
built in 64 VGA

Note :there is no problem in redhat-8 and rhel-4.

..rousseau