Dear "BD People",

Thank you so much. I currently work full time in the "city" of Placerville and do not yet know how to make BD preps. I am not sure I would have time to make them properly. I live in the Sierra foothills in Northen California. Is there anywhere I could purchase some from any of you to get started? This doesn't seem to be an item that would be available for the mass market, as I think they should be made fresh, ideally on one's own land. As a novice, I would appeciate any advice. Where can I purchase Rudolf Steiner's books? Or instructions for making BD preps?

Also I have a HUGE deer problem. So if it isn't weeds, mainly star thistle and grass weeds, it is deer, gophers, moles, voles, rabbits, yellowjackets and mosquitoes. Then after spring it is drought until late fall, then lots of rain on the hard clay soil, then snow every winter, with the most usually in February. It's a wonder I garden at all, but I am addicted! Please HELP!!! Thanks SO much!

I have amended the soil many times with compost, mulch and manure, and in some areas is is finally making a difference. I have been working on this (part time) now for ten years. I thought that I would have a beautiful garden by now...well the rosemary, cystisus, boxwood, and spring bulbs look great. My vegetable areas have to be caged from the critters in raised boxes. I would prefer just to work directly in the soil, but my efforts were rewarded with deer eating the tops and gophers eating the bottoms. The first year I started a vegggie garden I put out 100 tomato plants that I had raised from seed. Many different kinds...from hybrids to heirlooms...Oh, I was SO excited! Until I saw them laying down on the ground. Now anything doesn't even have a chance of getting big unless it is caged.

Most of the people I know, except for my garden buddies, think that I am wasting my time on such a fruitless venture. I get dirty, hurt my back and knees, and go right out and do it again each year. HMMM. Haven't I heard that the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing the same way and expecting a different result???

(Call me "crazy") I MUST find another way!

Evelyn