I have logged some time on a Zeiss microscope with a camera mounted aboard.
I took a role of slides and have photograghed diatoms, desmids,
radioilarians, soil algae, blue green algae [N-fixing, surrounded by
nitrophilic bacteria], protozoa (amoebas, paramecium. rotarians),  and the
fat fungal filaments that I can grow with equisetum.
There were loads of bacterium associated with all the algae and diatoms.
Organisms instantly forming communities under the microscope...wow.  This
means so much more to me than looking at numbers. Will shoot some more this
week.  SStorch