The Seedsaver's Network <www.seedsavers.net> is just what I was sketchingly
thinking about.  Aussies are way ahead of me and are working already in some of
the countries I was concerned about!  I need to think about this some more and
find out whether any US seedsaver groups are doing this kind of work. I think
Oregon Tilth is working on seed saving.  Most of our varieties wouldn't be
appropriate for the South.  Are there more seedsaver networks such as this in
other countries?  What other developing countries have such opportunities?  Can
someone else give me more URLs.

Thanks,  Merla