Baker Creek Heirlooms (not always OG but always open
pollinated), seems to carry a great deal of seed from other
countries.  When I order seed they're very good about sending
extra packets of 'something for me to try out'. I've received South
American melons, little red eggplant from Tunisia, etc. They'll make
a comment about the seed, "This corn is a very large seed used for
making posole or hominy, collected in the central markets in
Mexcio." Granted, we don't know how much damage GE has
already done to those important heritage food crops, but by saving
our own garden seeds, I can't help but believe little niches of
history can be salvaged.
My thought on this seed company and on Seed Savers Exchange
in general is that the owner obviously travels, or has people send
him varieties from their travels. I'm betting he'd be willing to work
with such a venture to insure that there IS a genetic variance in the
future.
Baker Creek website: http://www.rareseeds.com/