"how much longer are we going to take this"....thats the statement of the new year.

Perys situation is the (but one of many) story of 2003 and how do we stand with him/them?
Bob -

I'm at a loss. The response must be both powerful and persistent.

I really believe that if the man or woman on the street really understood that Monsanto was methodically contaminating the food supply with their patented genes in what, according to the Schmeiser experience, is a calculated attempt to legally control all seed stock, there would be a great out cry that would affect the polls and the ballot boxes in short order.

Of course, I also believe that if a company like Enron was shown to be manipulating energy prices at the expense of the many, that there will be a similar quest for justice and security, but, if such a thing is occurring, I haven't seen any sign of it in either my neighborhood nor my newspaper. The recent US elections prove either that American's are not uncomfortable with corporate corruption or that the Democratic party is completely devoid of character, backbone and ideas - -or both - - which makes it clear that the ballot box is probably not the route to change.

We get a lot of equivocation in our discussions on BD Now! The situation with Monsanto's approach to GMOs is equivalent to our land being on fire. The losses can be horrific and they can be final. When you'r in a position to put a fire out before it has damaged everything, that's the action to take. Knowing where to buy fire-proof materials etc is good to have, but it's not the response to take when the fire is still spreading. The approach to take is to sound the alarm in a credible fashion to attract as many hands as possible to stop the destruction.

The thoughts above are drawn from assumptions that Monsanto is simply acting in a business like fashion with a simple goal of owning the sales of seed stocks of all the major cultivars around the world. What if their goal were actual control of the food supply and, conceivably, nature itself? It's amazing how much immorality we can tolerate if we believe it is simply motivated by greed. What if gene splicers who promote contamination of traditional stocks really do have a more nefarious goal?