Roger wrote
> The soil determines what will grow, not the landholder.

> Remove the
> soil's cover, other cover grows to take its place. So what we have to
> do, I feel, is knock the invasives over in such a way that the
> landholder has time to get something of value to him/her AND the soil in
> place for the next growing season.
>
> I think that is what we have here. The 501 knocks over the lovegrass
> sufficiently to stop seed viability but allows it to take enough
> nutrition from soil to maintain a low 'life' state for a period of months.
>
> I'd be interested on people's thoughts on this.
>
> roger
Hi Roger
               I've pinched the next bit from James' last message
"Silica is a great remedy in any case of faulty assimilation of nutrients.
Silica will unlock locked up nutrients in the soil. That's another one that
flew over the heads of most
people."JH
I am a strong believer in the nutritional factor in determining what grows
where and how well it will grow in that place, If using 501 will do as James
says (and you wrote in the first post on this), unlocking nutrients in the
soil, then that is going to be a major factor in the success or failure of
lovegrass, we can pepper till we're blue in the face, but without a change
in the nutritional status of the soil (the cause behind the cause) we will
ultimately fail.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles