Allan Balliet wrote> (bravely)
> Blame this one on me, folks, but one of the most astounding upshots
> of this week's conference was the chance to meet with experienced
> growers who have worked with compost tea and who have found teas to
> be much less effective than we have heard people proclaim them to be.
This was a very good post and despite Jeff's expected return was beneficial
to the cause - Allan's has drawn a couple of good replies from Laura and
Bill - using tea with good results - changing a spray program on 20 and 30
acres of vines away from chemical fungicides is a solid committment! . Its
just a shame though that these stories, just like mine, of achieving frost
tolerance in wheat via high brix, are anecdotal and dont count!!  (sorry
Laura and Bill I believe you just like you would probably believe my brix
thing)
L Charles