a client of mine wants to develop a product based on what they said
was the OMAP3530 and told me they planned to work with the beagle XM
for the initial development, so i'm assuming they meant the DM3730
(minor difference).

  they asked me for advice in terms of other eval kits that might also
be suitable, so i started looking around, but the alternatives i've
run across so far have been crazy expensive -- there's the logicpd
zoom DM3730:

http://www.logicpd.com/products/system-on-modules/zoom-dm3730-torpedo/

for almost $1000, which is way outside the acceptable price range.

  so while the beagle XM will certainly work fine, i'm curious if
anyone can recommend other processor-equivalent dev kits that are
newer with more features in that same general price range, for
comparison purposes.  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca