On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Hi John,
>>>
>>>It's even worse then that.. It's built on top of the old (none kms)
>>>CONFIG_FB_DA8XX video driver... Not the new fancy CONFIG_DRM_TILCDC
>>>we've been using since 3.8, that has edid/etc working.. yuck..
>>>
>>>So, here's the patches/hacks i used to get it to build:
>>>https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev/tree/am33x-v3.12/patches/sgx
>>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Thank you so much for all your help.
>>
>> Yeah, this is just crazy. I had no idea these kernels where so different.
>> Some of us have been trying to get SGX working on V3.8 because we need
>> Xenomai support and I just learned [1] that the only 3.8 kernel that works
>> with SGX is TI V3.8.y kernel or the Yocto [2] kernel (I going to patch and
>> build to confirm). Patching your 3.8.13-bone31 kernel doesn’t work. My
>> guess is I need these same patches in V3.8?
>
> Really the Yocto 3.8 works too? it's 99% the same patch as my 3.8
> tree, just a vastly different config..
>
>> [1]
>> http://e2e.ti.com/support/arm/sitara_arm/f/791/p/298596/1080375.aspx#108037
>
> yuck, that drm kbuild is a piece of work isn't it.. but i see
> something i've missed..

Bingo:

‘/opt/github/linux-dev/ignore/ti-sdk-pvr/Graphics_SDK/gfx_rel_es8.x/bufferclass_ti.ko’
-> ‘./opt/sgx_modules/es8.0/bufferclass_ti.ko’
‘/opt/github/linux-dev/ignore/ti-sdk-pvr/Graphics_SDK/gfx_rel_es8.x/drm.ko’
-> ‘./opt/sgx_modules/es8.0/drm.ko’
‘/opt/github/linux-dev/ignore/ti-sdk-pvr/Graphics_SDK/gfx_rel_es8.x/pvrsrvkm.ko’
-> ‘./opt/sgx_modules/es8.0/pvrsrvkm.ko’

now just to 'refigure' out how to init this thing...

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/