On 12/18/13, 2:45 PM, "Robert Nelson" <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I think i found it..
>>>
>>>-CONFIG_DRM=y
>>>+CONFIG_DRM=m
>> Yep, obviously.
>>
>> BTW, I was able to run your v3.8 kernel with NFS, but I’m trying to test
>> your V3.12 kernel and NFS doesn’t work. I removed initrd in the kernel
>> config, but this still does not work. The TI V3.12 kernel does work. Any
>> ideas? I’m using the same uEnv.txt file.
>
>Humm, i haven't tried nfs on 3.12 yet, same config between ti's 3.12?
>probally need to backport some ethernet/cpsw fixes..
Hi Robert,

Not necessary. Your V3.12 is booting via NFS. Just needed to enable
CONFIG_ROOT_NFS =y. I’m surprised that more developers don’t use NFS. I
can make all the file changes directly on my desktop and simply hit the
reset button and viola I’m up and running. No need to program SDCards.
Also, I have my targetNFS automated backup every hour so if I get into
trouble, I can got back to a previous version in seconds.

BTW, when the kernel is configured for Initrd, NFS doesn’t work, so I was
wondering why your kernel is configured to use Initrd. Is this really
necessary?

Regards,
John