On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Conor O'Brien <conoreobr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome, thanks Robert, I'm compiling the 3.7.x kernel now, I'll let you
> know how it goes when I test it out. Do I still use the v2014.01 u-boot or

You can use v2014.01, just make sure you do the revert + patch listed here:
http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard#BeagleBoard-Bootloader:U-Boot

The patch has a check for the lcd7 and turns on the lcd so it's
oriented correctly.  (if you enable the usb sprz3.11 workaround in the
patch.sh script, you can ignore the u-boot revert..)

> should I try another version? I only mentioned expansionboards since in the
> Angstrom kernel when I look in dmesg the lcd shows up as a beagleboard
> expansionboard. Does it show up the same way in this kernel?

Oh the lcd7 shows up as an expansion-board, what i actually meant.
Just don't plug in an expansion board into the lcd7's port, as i never
implement that setup.

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/