Hi Robert, again thanks so much for your help so far.

I've compiled the 3.7.x kernelcd  and it boots up nicely, lcd works great.
I haven't installed a desktop environment on it yet (it will probably get
xfce), but I still can't find the touchscreen in /dev/input. I'm using
the debian-7.3-minimal-armhf-2013-12-18 root file system from your website
as in the wiki, and when I check the kernel with uname -r it returns
3.7.10-x13. Also when I look in dmesg for expansion boards it's still
saying it doesn't see anything. Should I trying a different rootfs maybe? I
can ping the lcd7 addresses using i2cdetect, although it looks like i2c2
and i2c3 are connected, as the same addresses are present on both and it
looks like they're connected on the LCD7 schematic. That seems weird but I
don't know if it could affect detection.