Hi John,

Yeah, the MSP430G2553 can go down to at least 1.8v, and I am thinking a
good bit lower. I am thinking perhaps 1.2V at minimal clock / periph's( I'd
have to read the datasheet again ) Now just because I am relatively new to
embedded devices, and I know the MSP430's fairly well, I would choose these
for myself. The MSP430 value line products can not beat or even meet that
price by a long shot in small quantities. I think the lowest my buddy got a
tube of 10 for ~$1.35 each a bit over a year ago. One or two off,
personally I think this price is fair enough.

I haven't heard of the devices you're linking to, and the link doesn't work
for me. So i can not even look to see exactly what it is. I would assume
the MSP430G2553 would be overkill by comparison, feature wise.

So, I am not much of an EE, but my buddy is. Perhaps I could get him to
design something up while I'll tie things together in software. This is
something I personally have interest in as well.