On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM,  <viran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Here is the pastebin of one of my custom built image's dmesg output.
> http://paste.debian.net/92787/
>
> As you can see in the log, there is no log from around 6 second in the boot
> process to 70 second of the boot process. For this time, the BBB just
> doesn't respond and after that it resumes booting.
>
> For this image I have removed connman, wicd at image creation time but have
> added them back after booting for the first time. The image still takes
> around a minute to boot. http://paste.debian.net/92791/ is the pastebin url
> with connman
>
> Please help me in optimizing boot timing.

Two things come to mind...  openssh-server key regeneration: (this
only occurs on the first boot)

root@beaglebone:~# rm -rf /etc/ssh/ssh_host_*
root@beaglebone:~# time dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
[ ok ] Restarting ssh (via systemctl): ssh.service.

real 0m13.760s
user 0m10.813s
sys 0m0.893s

but the other 50 some seconds..

So factory image: (wicd)
http://paste.debian.net/92793/

btw, systemd provides a nice tool to help debug this:

systemd-analyze

Using:
systemd-analyze blame

http://paste.debian.net/92798/