Hi Kavita

I understood the part of request_threaded_irq() found a sample
implementation here->
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/input/touchscreen/cy8ctmg110_ts.c
for touch controllers.
But did not understand the bit about

"In userspace use evetest like application to wait on the event or simple
select on /dev/input should work"

Can you elaborate what you meant by that ? Thanks.

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:22:58 AM UTC+5:30, kavitha wrote:

> May be you can use udev In the
>         err = request_threaded_irq(pdata->irq, NULL, receive_thread,
>                                    pdata->irqflags, "interrupt", ir);
>

> In reciever thread
> static irqreturn_t receive_threar(int irq, void *context_data)
> {
>  struct data *dh = context_data;
>
> input_report_key(dh->input_dev, key, 1);
>
>       input_sync(dh>input_dev)
>
> }
>

> In userspace use evetest like application to wait on the event or simple
> select on /dev/input should work
>

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM, neo star <prag....@gmail.com <javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I too have the same question, have you found any answer ? thanks
>>

>> On Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:14:12 PM UTC+5:30, sid...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> I have read online that we can't handle interrupts from user
>>> space. Instead -
>>> 1) We can write a kernel thread and have that thread wait on an event.