So, for over a week I have been trying to get Qt 5.3.2 working with OpenGL
on a BBB with a 3.8 kernel.  So far, I haven't made much progress even
though I"ve spent many hours.

I am stuck just trying to get OpenGL/SGX working on the black using the TI
graphics SDK.  I have tried 4 different 3.8 kernels, including the official
ones as well as RobertCNelson's stuff.  I have applied about 10 patches to
the graphics SDK and the kernel.  I can get the Graphics SDK built and
installed, but I keep coming back to this:

[    5.263934] PVR: PVRCore_Init
[    5.270060] PVR: PVRSRVDriverProbe(pDevice=df0c2e00)
[    5.270176] PVR: SGX register base: 0x56000000
[    5.270189] PVR: SGX register size: 16777215
[    5.270200] PVR: SGX IRQ: 37
[    5.270233] PVR: EnableSystemClocks: Enabling System Clocks
[    5.270283] PVR_K:(Error): EnableSystemClocks: Couldn't get GPTIMER11
functional clock [512, opt/Graphics_SDK_4_10_00_
 01/GFX_Linux_KM/services4/system/ti335x/sysutils_linux.c]
[    5.270305] PVR_K:(Error): SysInitialise: Failed to Enable system clocks
(171) [481, opt/Graphics_SDK_4_10_00_01/GFX_L
 inux_KM/services4/system/ti335x/sysconfig.c]
[    5.274037] PVR: PVRCore_Init: major device 240

When the pvrsvrkm driver tries to load, a "clk_get()" function fails in the
driver and I cannot for the life of me figure out why?  It's unclear
exactly what timer this is, as the error indicates GPTIMER11, but inside
the driver code it's referring to "gpt7_fck".  I assume this is timer7 in
the Sitara?

I have recompiled several versions of 3.8 kernels many, many times.  I"ve
applied several patches.  I have tried cutting out device tree objects and
disabling many things to no avail.  I have seen 3 or 4 folks who supposedly
have gotten this TI "pvrsrvkm" and "omaplfb" driver to load and some of the
test graphics apps to actually work....I'd really like to know how they did
it?

The patches I have I collected from an FSE at TI, as well as some guy named
Alexander.  These apply to the Graphics SDk and the kernel, but nothing I
have tried seems to get rid of this clock issue?

I have built the graphics SDK with make BUILD=debug OMAPES=8.x PM_RUNTIME=1
all, and left out PM_RUNTIME, which seems to affect which portion of init
code in the driver is executed...but I get another clock error, so no dice!

Does anyone have a 3.8 kernel with OpenGL working?  I tried installing the
packaged drivers with Angstrom..but had no success there either.  I know TI
is only supporting the 3.12 kernel...but there are cape issues there, plus
I have Xenomai running with 3.8 and I hate to jump to 3.12.

Anyone have any success running OpenGL on 3.8 with a bone-black???