http://derekmolloy.ie/beaglebone/setting-up-eclipse-on-the-beaglebone-for-c-development/

This is a fairly good guide, and I pretty much followed it exactly using
Lubuntu 14.04. Maybe a few small changes here and there, most mostly due to
armel versus armhf differences.

Lubuntu by the way, is exactly Ubuntu, but with a less graphics intensive
Desktop ( LXDE instead of the "garbage" Ubuntu ships with - Unity ).

My own very rough text install notes . . .

Download Lubuntu 14.04 i386 iso