Another jessie behavior question.  (BBB Rev.C jessie versus wheezy)

If I load any of the jessie snapshots, including 12-11, I can not get ls to
colorize if
I am signed in as root on ttyO0.  Debian 7.7, including 12-11 does work as
expected.

Specifically: On jessie 10-29 or 12-11

if I am signed in as root on ttyO0, and I type   ls --color
I do not get colorized output.

If I am signed in as root via SSH and type   ls --color   I do get
colorized output.

ttyO0 does properly colorize the systemctl boot messages and ANSI color
commands from my executables.

On any wheezy releases, including Debian 7.7 12-11, things work as I would
expect,
in that I get colorized output anytime I enter    ls --color  , including
on root ttyO0.

I don't see any difference in the .bashrc or .profile files between the
different releases.

Is there some configuration requirement somewhere that I have missed?

I know that the Debian philosophy is that root access is not colorized by
default,
but something is blocking the use of color with ls in this specific
situation.

Thanks,
--- Graham

==