On 14 January 2015 at 17:17, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:

> I agree. But, the IP owners seem to be worried about someone copying their
> IP than they are using it and getting royalties.

*stares at the PCIe chapter again and wonders how that would be helpful*
 Is there some magic PDF-to-VHDL converter? ;-)

But I appreciate it's ultimately not within your (TI's) power to force the
issue since it's not your IP.

However, you guys are doing the same thing with some stuff that *is*
(afaik) your IP.  Can we have a real ICEPick-D manual please?  Debug
functionality is of pretty major importance.

And it's for example also pretty silly that docs on the Centaurus (DM814x)
ISS and HDVPSS subsystems are not publicly available when almost identical
instances of ISS are in the public OMAP4/5 TRMs, and HDVPSS appears to be
similar to Vayu's VIP/VPE/DSS (but much more limited and stuffed into a
single subsystem). Especially since TI doesn't really seem to be
maintaining a kernel for the DM81xx series anymore, it would be nice if the
necessary docs were available for third party efforts.

IVA-HD has also been lacking public documentation since its appearance in
the OMAP4 (and subsequently in Netra, Centaurus, and now Vayu).