hi william,

thank you for writing back again.

yes, i all ready got the '#' was for a sudo or root user. i did run that on
my Acer C720P Chromebook, all three commands, as root. they seemed to run
o.k.  and yes, i know about the regular use of sudo when permissions are
denied or adding user accounts to the sudoers file.

however, after running them, and having the beaglebone black rev. c
connected only via USB, it still does not bridge internet over from my
Chromebook via USB to the beaglebone black rev. c.

i can connect a very loooooooooooooong ethernet cord to my one last port on
our house router, and yes, get an internet connection to the beaglebone
black rev. c; but, of course, i would prefer to have it bridged from my
Chromebook so i don't get complaints from my roommates about tripping over
the cord while i am working with the beaglebone black rev. c.

any further suggestions on diagnosing this and getting it to work, if you
have any, please? i do appreciate all help you have kindly offered thus
far, thank you.

best,

—  faddah
     portland, oregon, u.s.a.