Yes, I will go run the USB-Power test.

I guess my question is... are you are powering your BBB from the USB port
on a computer, or, are you powering your BBB via the USB port from
something like a power supply or cellphone charger, which does not have a
computer and USB driver in it.

If you are powering the BBB from a computer, and that computer has the BBB
driver on it, that allows you to see the BBB's internal web site, etc,
then, even though you are not using it, when you plug it in, the driver
comes up and starts polling the BBB at 1000 times per second, to see what
is going on. A lot is happening at the lower levels of USB that take time
to service on the BBB.

--- Graham

==