As for the industrial cameras, they are really expensive.

You have to consider the value of goods that are to be check as well as the risks that come with undetected failures. Industrial cameras are available for prices below 200 Euros, and lenses from major vendors are available for 100 Euros.

So webcam seems my only choise right now. High resolution is not a
problem for me, but blurness due to motion is a big one.

The effect of motion blur can be reduced if you emply shorter integration times. Industrial cameras offer variable integration times. I do not know if the integration time of webcams can be variated. To eliminate motion blur you might also operate your illumination in pulse mode similar to a flashlight. But this requires synchronisation between the camera and the flashlight, which is missing in Webcams.

Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Keck
Institut für Produktionsmesstechnik