Not now I'm going to use RS485 working on the kernel 4.1 . ( I used 3.8
before ) .

Robert.N the patches are not exactly what we want for the beaglebone black
( 8250_fintek 8250_lpc18xx )  ; correct me if I'm wrong.

And most of the time we don't use the hardware control of the PIN, We use
other Pins to control the DE/RE .

Floriant, I don't have time yet to work on this case, ( maybe on december
). But could you do some test on your own ?

 That the official documentation of the RS485 with the kernel 4.1 :
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/Documentation/serial/serial-rs485.txt?v=4.1

Also I remember that the kernel 4.1 is build by default with not the OMAP
configured, you need to build the kernel yourself :

git clone https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel.git

and activate omap as a serial driver.

Micka,