On 11/10/2015 03:45 PM, Micka wrote:
> Not now I'm going to use RS485 working on the kernel 4.1 . ( I used
> 3.8 before ) .
>
> Robert.N the patches are not exactly what we want for the beaglebone
> black ( 8250_fintek 8250_lpc18xx )  ; correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> And most of the time we don't use the hardware control of the PIN, We
> use other Pins to control the DE/RE .
>

> Floriant, I don't have time yet to work on this case, ( maybe on
> december ). But could you do some test on your own ?
Not for November 23, since I will be on a business trip next week.
But after that I will try to look into it.
>  That the official documentation of the RS485 with the kernel 4.1 :
> http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/Documentation/serial/serial-rs485.txt?v=4.1
>
> Also I remember that the kernel 4.1 is build by default with not the
> OMAP configured, you need to build the kernel yourself :
>
> git clone https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel.git
>
> and activate omap as a serial driver.
>

> Micka,
>

> Le mar. 10 nov. 2015 à 15:29, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com
> <mailto:robertcnel...@gmail.com>> a écrit :
>
>     On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 7:02 AM,
>     <florian.feldbaue...@googlemail.com
>     <mailto:florian.feldbaue...@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > Hey all,
>     >
>     > I'm currently using the latest Debian Jessie image (2015-11-08)
>     on my
>     > Beaglebone Black.
>     > I want to use UART4 as RS485 interface and use gpio3_19 as DE/RE
>     signal.
>     >
>     > The device tree overlay which I use to configure the pinmux
>     settings can be
>     > found here:
>     > https://github.com/Sillern/BB-RS485/blob/master/BB-RS485-00A0.dts
>     >
>     > When I load this overlay and try to configure the port in my C
>     program, I
>     > always get the error message "inappropriate ioctl for device"
>     > when using the command
>     > ioctl( fd, TIOCSRS485, &rs485conf )
>     > where rs485conf is a struct serial_rs485
>     >
>     > The image uses kernel version 4.1.12-ti-r28. Has this kernel
>     version RS485
>     > support enabled for the UART interfaces?
>     > If not, is there a kernel version (preferable 4.1.X) which
>     supports RS485 on
>     > the UARTs of the BBB?
>
>     There are a few patches being discussed, please follow
>
>     http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg19564.html
>
>     http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/
>
>     I'd like to backport what ever comes out of above ^
>
>     Regards,
>
>     --
>     Robert Nelson
>     https://rcn-ee.com/
>
>     --

| Dr. Florian Feldbauer                |
| Helmholtz-Institut Mainz /           |
| Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz |
| Johann-Joachim-Becher-Weg 36         |
| D-55128 Mainz                        |
| Office: SB1 / 00-213                 |
| Phone:  (+49)6131 / 39-29608         |