If you search for this mailing list for "QT5.1.1 running on BeagleBoneBlackā€, I
describe building QT5 on the BBB.

Here is what I said back then:

QT: git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git <git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git>
Branch: v5.1.1
BBB #>./init-repository
BBB #>make
Takes about 40 hours to build
BBB #>make install
Takes about 2 hours to install

I agree with William, you are better off using a quad core board or something
similar.

Regards,
John