To Richard Cook:

My personal recommendation is Derek Molloy's:

Exploring BeagleBone: Tools and Techniques for Building with Embedded Linux
by Derek Molloy for John Wiley & Sons, 2014 -- ISBN 9781118935125

Book WebSite:  includes errata, discussion
http://exploringbeaglebone.com/

Source Code:
https://github.com/derekmolloy/exploringBB/

It has a lot of basic information about setting up a cross-compile system
using Eclipse,
and how to work with the low level I/O and basic Linux commands
He is on faculty at Dublin City University.

The only problem, is that the book is now two years old, and the BeagleBone
systems
are moving fast, so you may need to adjust some things for newer operating
systems releases,
and newer tool versions.

--- Graham

==