> On Apr 13, 2016, at 15:49 , Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ah. I had that line commented out. The install fixes the uname_r= line, but I
> guess it doesn't adjust (or add) a dtb line. On top of that, looks like
> 3.19.3-bone4 doesn't install the am335x-bonegreen.dtb. Copying that file from
> 4.4.6 doesn't seem to be sufficient (it hangs at "Starting Kernel…").
>
> Sorry, still haven't master my time machine..
>
> 3.19.3-bone4 -> Mar 27, 2015
>
> Bone Green: -> May 15, 2015
>
> http://makezine.com/2015/05/15/announcing-new-beaglebone-green/
>
> While i did have a pre-production prototype, a few things where in flux, so i
> had pushed basic support on: May 12, 2015:
>
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel/commit/885e0e5d256c2b041f80543c2ef37a7e24383986
>
> So it was added in the am33x-v4.0 branch and the first tag with support was:
> 4.0.2-bone2

Ah, gotcha. I don't really know the dates of everything, and sorta thought
there was still being work done on 3.x, and assumed that a recent 3.x would
include support.

The problem is that audio is still broken in 4.4.6, and I can't get any help in
fixing it. I also need pruss and capemgr, and all this is forcing me back down
to 3.x. So I'm trying to narrow down the versions that work to try to ask for
more help in getting to 4.4.6. Everything else seems to work well in 4.4.6, but
I can't get my soundcard to appear (nor the AudioCape sound card). I think it's
an ALSA config problem, but I need to get to a working state to try to figure
out why.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com