Hello guys,
I have a custom carrier board powering my Beaglebone Black through the 5V
supply pins on P9 (pins 5+6, I believe).

Because I'm having issues getting my working legacy Angstrom distribution
image cloned onto new boards that have Micron flash instead of Kingston, I
decided to give a newer Debian a quick try.
I have a 3.3V power regulator with an enable input on the board, so the BBB
needs to assert a particular GPIO high to enable that power rail.
With the newest Debian distro, whenever I do that, I get a message that the
power button has been pressed, and the BBB simply shuts down after that.

My 5V regulator can supply up to 5A, and this switchable 3.3V rail doesn't
even really have any load on it yet until I install the rest of the
hardware, so I don't believe it should have created any substantial drop in
the 5V power.

I can do the same operation on the same (older) BBB with Angstrom installed
and I do not have this problem.

Any ideas on what might have changed in the OS for this to happen?
I may go back down the road of figuring out how to clone my Angstrom build
over to the new boards, but still kind of curious why this might have
happened.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/37ab7fc4-2fd8-4ded-ac0d-8be31c9a195d%40googlegroups.com.