I've been playing with the BeagleBone Green Wireless over the last few
days, and it's an awesome piece of hardware.  I've been using older
BeagleBones for the last few years, and it's always been annoying having to
add a USB hub and two dongles if you want both WiFi and Bluetooth.  Now
both capabilities are built into the board and there's no need for a hub
anymore with four onboard USB ports.

For those of you using this board with either the 5/13/2016 or 5/31/2016
images (bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb.img.xz or
bone-debian-8.4-seeed-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-31-4gb.img.xz), I've noticed
that the bluetooth device doesn't appear until you manually run
"bb-wl18xx-bluetooth" ("hcitool dev" comes up empty until you do this).
<https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb.img.xz>

I've also noticed that trying to install additional packages can screw
things up.  For example, if you run "apt-get update" followed by "apt-get
install nfs-common" it borks the wifi.  I started getting "wlcode: ERROR
ELP wakeup timeout" errors after doing this and couldn't figure out how to
recover.  Perhaps the package locations are misconfigured or not fully
populated?

In any case, I look forward to a bright future for this board.  Any other
first impressions?

<https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb.img.xz>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/aa115a4b-2017-4bea-bc13-62f0ce046a33%40googlegroups.com.