Oh, that is complete bunk and you know it. PRUSSDRV is nothing more than a UIO
hack.

RPMSG/REMOTEPROC is a lot more in that it support virtual drivers so you can
have ethernet, serial, spi, i2c, and more virtual drivers that are defined in
firmware. Also, the same implementation supports DSPs, CortexM4s, and other
other OS running on other ARM cores. You cannot compare apples and oranges with
the one being a minimal/simplistic implementation and the other supporting a
full featured interprocessor communications.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CA06D26B-2A69-413E-B05B-1D481B61A050%40gmail.com.