I voiced all these concerns and more months ago and apparently my concerns
fell on deaf ears.

remoteproc is a really cool concept. But it's not meant for this board,
despite people trying to use a shoehorn to get the beaglebone 'horned in'.
We already have uio_pruss, and it has worked great for how many years now ?
*AND* how does remoteproc make things better in comparison to uio_pruss ?
As far as I can see, it doesn't. It does not make things any easier, and
its all the things TJF mentions above, and more( in the negative ).

Where remoteproc *would* shine, is on a system without additional on die
computational cores( IPU, PRU, DSP, etc ), but a multi-core applications
processor. So that one core can run an OS, while the other runs bare metal.
*THAT* is the vision I see for remoteproc.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORoQ1N4YqQHd_R6-zX4rcDGigjiG%3D%3DmpWu0ZY%3DR3k4_0_g%40mail.gmail.com.