Again, this makes no sense. /proc is just a processor monitor and doesn’t
provide any interface between kernel and userspace. The only way to convey
interrupts to userspace with UIO is via kernel events and latency could be 10s
or 100s of milliseconds when the cpu is under load. With RPMSG, code runs as a
kernel module, so you have access to real interrupts and hence it is more
responsive. Also, the interface to userspace is flexible, either via /dev,
Sysfs, Debugfs, etc.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/4A2E2761-5814-4161-8A73-D8007A910724%40gmail.com.