@John3909:

Am Montag, 27. Juni 2016 11:19:13 UTC+2 schrieb john3909:

> While I haven’t tried this, I don’t believe there is anything in the
> RemoteProc/RPMSG framework that prevents you from doing this now. You can
> still use RemoteProc to load/start/stop your PRU firmware and you don’t
> have to use virtio or rpmsg, but rather create a new KM to do just this.
> Suman does this make sense?
> So, thinking a little more about this, this new KM would support mmap() so
> that your userspace app/lib could access this memory directly. Linux is out
> of the way and yet everything is still secure ;-)

Good John, you're closing up to this discussion. You're at this point now
(three days ago):

[Suman: Right, the basic infrastructure is already there and you would need
>> only to build upon it. For eg., at the moment, all you would need is a
>> small kernel module, use pruss_request_mem_region to gain ownership of PRU
>> memories, export it to userspace and use it however you want. The
>> interrupts would have to go through kernel though. Maybe it is the same
>> module that exports the above desired sysfs interfaces too.]
>>

> Am I reading right here? My message is:
>
>    - Reduce resource consumption on a small SoC.
>
> And your advice is:
>
>    - Add a further module to a bloated framework.

Go ahead! Once you're on track, it wouldn't need any "childish antics" any
more. I can hardly wait reading your opinion on the PRU virus issues.

BR

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a0fcf7b0-3682-4c4f-90de-a00fcfbdf0c1%40googlegroups.com.