> On Jun 25, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>
> Doesn't it "discover" devices by looking at the device tree?
Ideally, yes, but Robert said there is a conflict when both frameworks are
built in the same kernel. Currently, both frameworks are not built into the
kernel and both are configured as Loadable Modules. Also, it should be possible
to have a separate Devicetree for each framework, but with the build conflict
Robert is unable to do this at this time. My understanding is this is why the
“bone” kernel exists. If Robert is able to resolve the build conflict, then is
the “bone” kernel even necessary? Remember, the “ti” kernel is not just for the
BBB, but also for the BeagleBoard-x15 so the RemoteProc/RPMSG is required to
support the DSPs and CortexM4s, so kill the idea that RemoteProc/RPMSG is going
away, it just isn’t. There is no pruss_uio equivalent for the DSPs or
CortexM4s. Even more important, TI have even bigger processors that have 4
Cortex-A15 ARM cores and 8 DSPs and the same “ti” kernel is used for that
processor.

Hopefully Robert can chime in on this issue and clear up this issue.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3A1B151F-494F-4865-A69A-39D33CED0298%40gmail.com.