By the way, "bare metal ARM" means exactly nothing. The AM335x on the
beaglebone black is not exactly something you'd want to write bare metal
code for / on. Yes, it can be done ,but that is not a reason to do so. The
AM335x
is an applications processor which means it was designed to run an OS.

Anyway, your post is rather vague, and long winded that tells us nothing.
Seriously. "Display driver" - What does that mean ? a 128x8 display ? Or
are you talking about 1080p or something crazy on a bare metal board ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpQZqKP%2BvCh4FgCGw%3DN%2BayKSwCAFru9CcC%3DJq-ryarNfQ%40mail.gmail.com.