On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Kevin Fructuoso
<kevinfructu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link to the patch. I have not patched the kernel before.
>
> Could you please send a link that explains and walks me through how to patch
> the kernel? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin F.

git clone https://github.com/RobertCNelson/yakbuild
cd yakbuild
cp recipe.sh.sample recipe.sh

Open recipe.sh

Change:
toolchain="gcc_linaro_gnueabihf_5"

to:
#toolchain="gcc_linaro_gnueabihf_5"

Enable:
toolchain="gcc_linaro_gnueabihf_4_7"

Change:
kernel_tag="4.4.19-ti-r41"

to:
kernel_tag="3.8.13-bone47"

run:

./build_kernel.sh

After the ".config - Linux/arm 3.8.13 Kernel Configuration" pop's up,
just hit ecape twice, select <yes>, hit enter, then hit CTRL-C to stop
build:

Next:

cd KERNEL/

wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel/607ae2e36477357a4bb222f285fd7460d5230ab9/patches/net/0009-cpsw-search-for-phy.patch

patch -p1 < 0009-cpsw-search-for-phy.patch

cd ../
./tools/rebuild.sh  (this time build to completion)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYhQchFC8Bha8CRHkWYFeJF1PaLvfT6_9qdfNQ5%3DVxrZ6w%40mail.gmail.com.