OK, I found my problem and I fixed it.  I had a "bad PPA" I needed to remove in
order for the update_kernal.sh script to complete properly.  Here's what I get
from the example code:

This example computes y[i] = M[i] * x[i] + C on single precision floating point
arrays of size 2097152
- Computation on the ARM is parallelized across the A15s using OpenMP.
- Computation on the DSP is performed by dispatching an OpenCL NDRange kernel
across the compute units (C66x cores) in the compute device.

Running.....

Average across 5 runs:
ARM (2 OpenMP threads)         : 0.007877 secs
DSP (OpenCL NDRange kernel)    : 0.007614 secs
OpenCL-DSP speedup             : 1.034475

Is that the expected result?

Chris

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/bcb78ddb-aacf-4610-b9ec-4801723ea8bb%40googlegroups.com.