I wanted to add on to this that when I switch the Device Tree Blob file
extension to ".dtbo" instead of ".dtb" I get the error:
-bash: echo: write error: File exists
instead of the file not found error I was getting previously.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/88569e41-83bc-41f0-ab19-e3e1e59ecb01%40googlegroups.com.