I just tried the various combinations of enabling and disabling the HDMI,
emmc, both and neither and regardless of what it is set to I get a conflict
on P8.11 every time. Is there a key component that I am missing somewhere
or a different way I should be going about this?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/9a7d2b4e-992a-4ca3-beab-7b1af55b48de%40googlegroups.com.